100 facts (updated 1/19/12)
1. I'm 32 years old.
2. I have two rabbits (Gus and Chloe).
3. I'm a teacher (English and Social Studies).
4. I've only lived in Maryland and Massachusetts.
5. I love to eat crabs!
6. I'm allergic to cats and lobster.
7. I like penguins.
8. My kitchen is decorated in sun colors, but will soon (relatively) be redecorated in black/white with red accents.
9. My living room is brown and turquoise.
10. My dining room is also my craft room.
11. My bathroom is beachy/ocean colors.
12. I love peanut butter.
13. I don't like 70's paisley or neons.
14. I like good grammar.
15. Organization is vital!
16. I've been to four out of seven continents (N. America, Europe, Africa and Australia).
17. I've got a couple half-finished novels on my hard drive.
18. I'm single, but dating.
19. I like to sew.
20. I prefer to crochet, rather than knit. Doesn't take as long! And yet, I have more things on my needles currently than I have on my hooks.
21. I like to cook.
22. Once upon a time, I sold Pampered Chef so I've got every kitchen tool known to man (and some that are only known to women!)
23. I try to eat healthy, but I'm not always successful.
25. I love jewel tones and fun patterns.
26. My mother and grandmother hate birds, so I've avoided them all my life out of sheer superstition (apparently, they're bad luck?) Anyhoodle, I'm really getting into birds now. (Apparently penguins are not considered birds by either of them as I have quite the collection that they've both contributed to. Birds, according to Gram, need to fly. And yet ostriches are birds, she says. Ah, logic.)
27. I like gardening on my deck - and by deck, I mean 5.5'x6.5' porch with limited direct sunlight. You'd be surprised how well herbs and tomatoes will grow with only a few hours direct sunlight a day!
28. I live in a condo.
29. I have a rather longish commute each day (about 45 minutes to 1 hour) that I really don't mind - it lets me wake up!
30. I love to read.
31. Autumn is my favorite season of the year.
32. I love shows like NCIS, Criminal Minds and the First 48.
33. My favorite book of all time is To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
34. Current favorite books include the Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire Mystery Series by Charlaine Harris (what True Blood is based upon) and the Mercedes Thompson series by Patricia Briggs.
35. I have recently purchased an embroidery sewing machine, who I have named Freya, since she is Swedish (Husqvarna/Viking).
36. I'm cheap and dislike turning on my heat in the winter too warm, so I tend to layer.
37. I am getting into paper crafts/card making.
38. I'd like to learn how to make resin pendants/jewelry.
39. I'm a beginner jewelry maker.
40. I like to embroider, though I've never done a lot of it.
41. I'm an only child.
42. I collect nativities.
43. I like the J.D. Robb 'In Death' series.
44. I like polka dots and stripes.
45. I love hot baths (even in the summer!)
46. I have recently begun to like vegetables I avoided upon pain of death in my childhood. Namely zucchini and summer squash. I have not yet found a fondness for peas (unless they're sugar snap) or brussel sprouts.
47. My father had Multiple Sclerosis, so that is one of my favorite charities (he passed away Thanksgiving 2007).
48. My bunny Chloe is special needs. She has a parasite in her brain that makes her head tilty and she'll be on medicine for the rest of her life. (She's the happiest bunny I know, though!) She was also a foster.
49. My other rabbit, Gus, does not like Chloe. I fostered Chloe in an attempt to bond the two. Now I have two giant cages in my dining room (each is 28" wide x 28" tall x 42" long).
50. I love the elephant from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindoor.
51. I love the tree of life imagery on pretty much anything.
52. I have a blue Honda CR-V that I love!
53. I hope to buy a house sometime in the nearish future (and by nearish, I mean sometime within the next 5-10 years ... whenever I can get someone to buy my condo and afford it!) so I can have a garden and a dedicated craft room.
54. I have an unhealthy passion for Cheezits and goldfish, though I don't eat them often.
55. I'm a Leo!
56. I love watching the night sky in the summer.
57. I am NOT an outdoors person.
58. And yet, I love trees!
59. I have pictures of doors and windows all around my house.
60. I think my blue eyes are my best feature.
61. I've recently been gifted (in a swap) with a drop spindle and some wool roving, so I am slowly learning how to spin.
62. I'm BIG on recycling and reusing/repurposing.
63. I'd love to learn how to tat.
64. I really enjoy needle felting.
65. Alton Brown and Guy Fieri are two of my favorite Food Network personalities. (Gotta love Good Eats and Diners, Driveins and Dives!)
66. My dream vacation is to go to Italy.
67. I spent ten days in Spain when I chaperoned the school trip - my favorite city was Toledo (think lots of stone buildings and medieval architecture!)
68. I love going to the Renaissance Festival.
69. I'm not allergic to wools.
70. The only time I iron is when I'm sewing something. Otherwise ... it's either the dryer or wrinkle city.
71. I love snow days!
72. My favorite types of food are Thai, Italian, Indian and Chinese.
73. I'm a night owl.
74. I love Post Secret.
75. Cuteoverload.com can cheer me up any day.
76. My favorite poem ever is Stream of Life by Rabindranath Tagore.
77. I love the Harry Potter series.
78. My least favorite part of sewing is the cutting out of fabric.
79. My bedroom is grey, white and green. (Well, mostly grey and white, at the moment. I need more green.)
80. My favorite HP characters are the twins.
81. I like road trips!
82. I dislike weekend trips because they're not restful.
83. A weekend when I have nothing to do is the best weekend of all, in my opinion.
84. I'm Catholic.
85. A show on cryptozoology, ghosts or UFOs can stop me in my tracks to watch.
86. I feel guilty if I sleep in past ten in the morning. Up by nine makes me happy (and productive!) Well, that's on the weekends, of course. Up a lot earlier when I have to work.
87. My hoopla wall has two hoops. One is an embroidery that says 'hello' and another is by the fabulous TroubleT on Craftster with stick figures. One figure has taken the other's "back" stick and says "I've got your back." That is totally my sense of humor.
88. I love puns.
89. I'd like to get married one day, but I'm losing hope of finding the right guy. (I'm beginning to think I'm a bit set in my ways - ha!)
90. My least favorite household task is vacuuming, followed closely by dusting (I've got too many things on my shelves!)
91. My favorite scents are sandalwood and lavender.
92. I really enjoy watching HGTV, Planet Green, Discovery and Food Network.
93. My feet have a tendency to feel like ice. So do my hands.
94. I need more artwork on my walls ... then again, I've lived here for seven years and have yet to paint. I have put up trial squares, though, in hope that it would force me to paint. It hasn't yet.
95. I recently got a Keurig and <3 the Pumpkin Spice k-cups. With a bit of Pumpkin Pie creamer, it's exactly like a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. I also <3 the Earl Grey tea k-cup.
96. I prefer Coke to Pepsi (which is vile.)
97. I'd like to visit Alaska, Hawaii, Montana and Wyoming.
98. I prefer silver to gold.
99. I eat out more often than I should.
100. I really really love swapping and crafting. Craftster IS cheaper than therapy!