Friday, October 14, 2011

Their Road to Tying the Knot


So my cousin got married this past July and I wanted to make him and his new wife something as a gift (it also turned out to be cost friendlier!)

I saw a great idea online of using a heart punch to cut important places out of a map and then mounting them.  Loving this idea, I adapted it a bit and came up with this:



I included four places - where they met, where they first lived together, where he proposed and where they actually got married.  I just printed off the wording onto a cardstock paper, mounted the little maps (which I got off Google maps and printed) on cardstock, punched them out (actually I did it the other way - punched first, whoops) and then framed them, using a frame from Joann's.

Closeup:



And on the back, I found a Native American/Indian blessing and adapted it for them ...




It reads:

The road stretches behind you ,
even as the future lies ahead.
A long and winding road,
whose every turning means new discovery.
Old hopes, new laughter, shared fears.
The adventure has just begun!


Although I wasn't there when they opened it, I was told that they really liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment